The Odisha State Government is offering the KALIA scholarship for the children of beneficiaries of the Kalia Yojana. If you are availing of the benefits of Kalia Yojana and your children are studying in college, then you can apply for a scholarship of Rs.22,000/-.
For Technical and Professional education, the CM of Odisha Shri Naveen Patnaik announced the new Kalia Scholarship Scheme. The scholarship scheme will motivate the children of the poor and peasants to get higher education. In this post, you can get complete details like eligibility criteria, application procedure, and benefits.
KALIA Scholarship 2021 Apply Online
In 2019, CM of Odisha launched the KALIA Yojana for the Small, Marginal, and Landless Farmers of Odisha. A few days later, the Government announced the Kalia Scholarship Scheme in order to help higher education beneficiaries of the Kalia Yojana. Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation Scholarship is offered by the Krushi Department of Odisha, and the Online Application is available at Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
Eligibility Criteria for KALIA Scholarship
- Mainly the Applicant must be a Resident of Odisha State.
- He/She may not be getting any State Government or Central Government Scholarship.
- The Applicant’s father or mother must be a beneficiary of KALIA Yojana.
- Students must be enrolled in a Technical or Professional Course.
- Finally, the Applicant must have been admitted to a Government College.
|Name of the Scholarship||Kalia Scholarship 2021|
|Managed By||Krushi Bibhag|
|Launched By||Shri Naveen Patnaik|
|Application Start Date||08-07-2021|
|Last Date of Apply||08-10-2021|
Courses Covered Under the Scholarship Schemes
The Kalia Scholarship is only for some specific Technical and Professional courses. They are as described below:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc Forestry
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Horticulture
- Community Science
- Psychiatric Nursing
- BVSc & AH
- Agriculture Polytechnic
- Hotel Management
- ITC or ITI
- Ophthalmic Assistant/Surgical OPTH Assistance
Documents that to be Enclosed
During the online application of the Scholarship Scheme, you have to enclose the following Documents.
- KALIA Yojana Beneficiary ID or Beneficiary Mobile Number
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card of the Candidate
- Caste Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Ration Card of Family
- Matric Certificate
- Bank Passbook Front Page
- Passport Size Photo
- Last Passed Examination Marksheet
Benefits of KALIA Scholarship
This scholarship scheme will be beneficial for the small, marginal, landless cultivator’s children. It will provide financial support for higher professional and technical educations.
All the eligible students can get up to Rs.1200/- per month Hostel Fees and Rs.1000/- per month as Tuition Fees for 10 months. The Government will transfer all the benefits to the beneficiary’s bank account through DBT mode.
The above-said Scholarship amount is not fixed for every student. It may vary from student to student. After applying for the scholarship, the authority will decide the scholarship amount for you by looking at your expenditures, including college fees, hostel fees, mess charges, etc.
How to Apply for KALIA Scholarship Online?
As you know, the Odisha Government has developed an integrated State Scholarship Scholarship portal for all the Government Scholarship Distribution and Application. Hence, the new KALIA Yojana Scholarship can be applied online using this portal. Please follow the guidelines to apply online.
Step-1: First thing you need to do, scan all the Required Documents and keep them in one folder.
Step-2: Open the scholarship.odisha.gov.in in your Device Browser.
Step-3: Use your Aadhaar Card and OTP for Registration. If you already have an account, then log in to your Account using the Student Login Link.
Step-4: Next, Click on the Schemes and Eligibility link from the Left Menu. You will see the Kalia Scholarship under Agriculture & F.E Department List.
Step-5: Then Click on the Apply button to start the Application Process. Now you will see a form on your screen. Start filling the form by entering the Kalia Beneficiary Id (Get it from here) or Aadhaar Number.
Step-6: Once you enter the Beneficiary ID and press the Verify button, it will automatically Fetch the Details from the server. Then Start filling the Children’s Academic, Eligibility, and Bank Account Details one by one.
Step-7: After filling in all the details, upload all the necessary documents in the proper place. Finally, Submit the Application Form and Take a printout of the Application Form.
Application Process and Approval
After submission of your application, it will be forwarded to your Institution. The head of the college or university should follow the below instructions:
- The Government will provide a User ID and Password to the head of the institution for verification of online Application.
- The institution will have to verify details such as Admission Date, Roll Number, Registration Number, Uploaded Certificates etc.
- Also the college Authority will verify the details regarding day scholar or hosteller.
- After verification, the college Authority will forward the application to the chief district Agriculture Office.
- The Chief District Agriculture Officer will verify the KALIA Beneficiary details.
- After verification, he will release the KALIA Scholarship amount to the Bank Account of the student.
All the children’s of KALIA Yojana Beneficiaries are eligible to Apply for the Scholarship Program.
The renewal of Kalia Scholarship is very simple. Login to your State Scholarship Portal, update your recent Marksheet, and Apply for the Renewal of Scholarship.
Normally, you need to upload Aadhaar Card, Bank Pass Book, Matric Certificate, etc.
No, as per the terms and Condition, one student can avail one Scholarship at a time. If you are availing Prerana Scholarship, then you can not get the KALIA Scholarship. But you can switch from Prerana to KALIA Scholarship.