Nowadays the Driving license is very important for riding a vehicle on any road. After the approval of Motor Vehicle act 2019, it is 100% necessary for a common man to ride any two-wheeler or four-wheeler with a valid license.
According to the Motor Vehicle Act, No person shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds an effective driving licence issued to him authorizing him to drive the vehicle.
Now the question arises, How can I apply for a Valid Driving License? This post especially for the people who are living in India and want to apply for a driving license for self.
Stages to Apply a Physical DL
- Apply Learning license (LL)
- Upload Required Documents for Learning Licence
- Upload Photo Photo and Signature
- Booking of Slot for Learning License test
- Pay the LL Application Fee
- Submit Required Documents at RTO Office
- Appear LL Test
- Driving Test Slot Booking
- Qualify the DL test
- Get your Driving License through Courier/post
Documents Required to Apply for a Driving License
- Address Proof (Aadhaar card, Voter ID, Passport, Ration card, etc)
- Age Proof (Matriculation Certificate, Aadhar Card, PAN card, Passport, etc)
- Application form 9
- Blood Group test certificate
- Medical Certificate (For the people age above 50)
- Passport Size Photo
- LL Certificate Original
- An Affidavit with the sign and Address Proof copy of a local Guardian(If the applicant district does not belong to that RTO office)
Step by Step Guide to Apply for a Driving Licence (DL) through Paribahan Official Website
- First of all, visit the official Driving License website of central Government https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
- Now select your state’s RTO where you can appear your test drive.
- In the left-side menu on the next page, click on “New Learning License”.
- Now you will get some steps and instructions regarding new DL and click on Continue.
- If you are a new applicant then just Click on the Submit Button or choose as per your application.
- Now the main application form will appear and here you have to select your state and RTO office.
- Fill all the rest information such as Your first name, Last name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Blood Group, Qualification, and Mobile Number in the Personal details section.
- Now fill your Present and Permanent address in the Address Section.
- In the final step of the LL application, select your vehicle type and click on the arrow as shown in the application. You can select multiple vehicle types.
- Finally, check all the details that you have provided and Press the Submit Button.
- Now on the next page you will be provided a receipt with a barcode and Application number that you need to make a Print Out copy.
- Now click on the Next button and you will be redirected to the Payment page.
- Just click the “Proceed” button.
- Now just Pay the amount Rs.200/ DL by using a Debit card or Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- Now Upload the Address Proof, Age Proof, Signature and Passport size Photograph.
- Now you have to Select the LL test slot as per the availability at your RTO office.
- Next, you have to visit your RTO office at the selected time slot with the Uploaded Document’s original and Photocopy.
- Submit the Document and Appear the test.
- After qualifying the test you will be given a Learning License.
- After completion of 1-Month of LL, you have to again visit the RTO official website.
- Click on the Driving Licence Apply link.
- Now enter your LL number along with your Date of Birth.
- Select the DL test drive slot.
- Go and appear the Driving test at your RTO Office
- After the successful completion of the Driving test, your DL will be issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to pay a total Rs.200 for applying DL.
Yes, you can apply DL anywhere and in any RTO in India, but the condition is that you have to provide your address proof with local Gurdion’s Sign.
Yes, Licence issued in one state is valid in all over India.